The Tasting Room Manager is responsible for coordinating and managing tasting room staff schedule and day to day operations, managing tasting room direct to consumer sales, driving tasting room traffic, and managing inventory. This person will be responsible to maximizing the tasting room revenue stream, showcasing leadership to bring out the best in each tasting room associate, and outreaching to new and maintaining existing direct to consumer clientele.
• Oversee day-to-day operations – directing and assisting in opening and closing duties of winery tasting room and terrace
• Daily inspection for cleanliness of all public areas of the winery that are viewed by consumers.
• Responsible for collecting and submitting repair & maintenance requests to direct report when they arise.
• Assist with phone traffic and taking phone reservations.
Responsible for managing tasting room staff which includes:
o Creating and managing the monthly tasting room schedule
o Setting up the tasting room staff for daily success by planning the manifest, lunch breaks, assigning reservations and seating arrangements daily.
o Pre-setting tasting room manifest for off days
o Assist tasting room associates as needed with customer experiences. o Assist where needed daily to ensure a successful day for the tasting room team.
o Maintain high morale and motivating atmosphere for tasting room staff
o Host tasting room reservations daily as needed.
o Maintain staff training by keeping them up to date on wine releases and wine production knowledge and other training.
o Daily morning staff briefings and communications of any winery updates
o Maintain training manual to stay up to date with all wines produced by the winery and procedures to be referenced at any time.
o Maintaining timecard records.
o Training all new tasting room associates.
o Ensuring and assisting staff with daily food prep
• Communicate effectively with Office Administrative Assistant regarding daily reservations.
• Maintain winery storage room, place restocking orders as necessary and ensure the winery is always stocked with current wines to pour and sell in tasting room.
• Manage stocking tasting room for all necessities: marketing collateral, retail, glassware, chefs warehouse, etc.
• Ability to create a luxury and memorable experience for visitors
• Available for all winery events on and off site
• Implementation of monthly sales and wine club sign up goals with ability to meet or exceed these goals. • Operate POS/winery software system
• Schedule and assist a regularly scheduled outreach to develop and build network with drivers/concierge/wineries to drive traffic to winery.
• Manage all coordination with shipping/inventory centers
• Minimum of 2 years of management experience
• Excellent customer service skills
• Self-starter and ability to work well with others
• Tasting Room and POS experience a must
• Possess strong wine knowledge
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• WineDirect winery software knowledge a plus
• Detail oriented
• Ability to prioritize tasks and time manage.
• Professional attitude and strong work ethic Other:
• Must be 21 years of age or older.
• Must be able to life up to 50lbs.
• Ability to stand for up to 8 hours.
• Availability to work weekends, some holidays and have a flexible schedule.
• Reliable transportation required.
• Competitive Salary (DOE) plus commission
• Three references required with submission of resume. Benefits:
• Vacation and Sick Pay
• 401k available
• Employee Wine Allocation provided upon release months